Many clients recognise that meditation is a way to increase balance, happiness, well-being, productivity, health etc.. but are not quite sure how to proceed. Here are a few suggestions to get started:
These are things you can do anywhere (including office)
- Breathe: Sit or lie comfortably, and focus on your breathing. Perhaps use some words like “Breathe in, breathe out” to accompany the breathing. At work, just taking a few moments when one is ultra stressed, getting angry etc. to focus on this can be a real help!
- Go to You Tube and find a relaxing video with ocean waves or other sounds / visuals. Watch for 5-10 minutes. Also- focus on breathing at the same time.
- Do an “appreciation exericse”: You think about (and feel) the gratitude you have for (a) all that you have, (b) all that you are, (c) all that is, (d) all that will be.
- Buy a book! There are lots of books on meditation and how to do.
- Buy a CD! This can be just music (look up music that mentions Deep Alpha for example) or it can be an actual meditation/relaxation excericse like “Deep Alpha Relaxation Cycle” by Robert Kendall.
- Go to You Tube and type in “Meditation”. There are lots and lots of examples, training, guided meditation in all sorts of languages.